Wednesday 9 January 2013

My Introduction

                          Why we choose Media Studies...


Media Studies is a very vast topic and a lot can be learnt by studying it. My name is Reejah Farooq and I selected Media Studies because I have always liked editing pictures and movies. Apart from this my hobbies are to read novels, draw/paint and play games.

I am not much into social networking and I have never used those websites for my past time. In fact I have never made an account, maybe because I find these a waste of time. Apart from social networking websites, other websites, newspapers, magazines, TV channels etc are all part of Media. The websites that I use regularly are 'Google' and 'Youtube'. They help me in my studies as well as in finding out information that I require.

Newspapers have never been my choice because I find them boring or maybe they have never appealed me towards them. But yes, I prefer reading Sunday newspaper, which contains a separate section for all the happening in the world media/showbiz industry. That's all what I read weekly and I wait for this piece of writing. Not only this but my routine is very tough and I do not have much time to waste in reading newspaper. Otherwise, I am not into reading anything that is related with politics in anyway.

Moving on magazines have always been my choice. I still love reading them. It helps us to stay connected with all the latest happenings around the world, whether they are related to showbiz, sports, latest gadgets etc. They help to increase knowledge and stay updated with the globe. I still remember the day when Twilight was to be released, as I did went through all the novels before hand, I was the most anxious person on earth to watch that movie. After it released, I became a great fan of Robert Pattinson. Though, I watched all the movies but my craze for both, the movies and Robert Pattinson ended before the release of eclipse somehow. I am very fond of listening to songs and my choice depends upon my mood. Apart from this I am a fan of Shakira and like listening to her songs.

In case of free time I sometimes prefer to watch anything but recently I am following The Voice, a music show. Its fun to watch it and a great pastime. Music that I listen to depends on my mood but usually prefer listening to slow music. I do not use ITunes for adding my songs in my Ipod instead I have a software Copy Trans that helps me in adding songs, video and pictures to my IPod. Other than this, I have watched all the movies of speed, destination and many other movies.  

And when it comes to novel reading, I love reading novels written by Nicholas Sparks. They usually end with a tragedy and there is a lot of suspense that maintains the interest of a reader. I have read all his novels and have watched three of the movies as well. The reason for liking his novels so much is that it includes suspense. And this why I chose Suspense as my Genre because it has always appeled me and secondly personally I feel that it keeps the reader/audience stick to what they are reading/watching.  

When it comes to games I go crazy at playing Need for Speed/racing games and games that include finding  out about the hidden object. This is in case when I use internet otherwise I play games on my Ipod that are usually card games.


Also that these days media has a great impact on the lives of people. The Media in my country, Pakistan is growing fastely and leaving both the negitaive and positive impacts on lives of people. Negiative impact in my opinion is that we are adapting a culture that does not belong from our religion and the positive impact that I feel is that people are free to share their opinion freely.

No comments:

Post a Comment